Health screenings will be conducted at your student's school following the schedule below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your student’s nurse.
The health screening is the nurse's way of checking students for possible health problems that might interfere with the student's classroom performance. The nurse will not notify you if your student passes the screenings. The nurse will make a referral for any vision or hearing concerns that are identified. If your child is referred to a vision/hearing specialist, please share the results with your student’s nurse.
What health screenings will be done on my child at school? Ohio law 3313.69 requires school nurses to conduct periodic health screenings for vision and hearing. Screenings will be conducted on all new students to the district and at the following grade levels:
- Vision: Pre-K, kindergarten, first grade, third grade, fifth grade, seventh grade, ninth grade, and eleventh grade (stereopsis for Pre-K, kindergarten, and first grade; color: for boys in kindergarten and first grade).
- Hearing: Pre-K, kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, third grade, fifth grade, ninth grade, eleventh grade.
Dates of Screenings
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023: Liberty
- Friday, September 22,2023: ECLC Kindergarten
- Monday, September 25, 2023: ECLC Kindergarten
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023: RHTA
- Thursday, September 28, 2023: NRHS 9th grade
- Friday, September 29, 2023: NRHS 11th grade
- Monday, October 2, 2023: ECLC Preschool
- Monday, October 2, 2023: NRHS Hearing only band/Ind.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023: Liberty
- Friday, October 6, 2023: ECLC Preschool
- Thursday, October 19, 2023: NRAC 7th grade
- Friday, October 20, 2023: NRAC 5-6th, 8th grade
- Friday, November 3, 2023: NRAC 3-4th grade