2021-22 START OF SCHOOL CHROMEBOOK PICK-UP
***Parent Portal signature is REQUIRED prior to any student receiving a Chromebook***
Academic Center: Chromebooks will be distributed to students by the Homeroom Teachers.
Liberty: Chromebooks will be distributed to 2nd grade students by the Homeroom Teachers.
High School: Chromebooks will be distributed to students by the Homeroom Teachers.
Ranger High Tech Academy: Chromebooks will be distributed to students by the Homeroom Teachers.
Chromebooks will not be issued without a signed Technology Usage Agreement and Checkout Form.
Links for these forms are found on our home page and within the Parent Portal.
How to prepare Chromebooks for long-term storage:
- Charge your Chromebooks so that the battery is at least 80% full.
This ensures that even when the battery discharges while unplugged over the summer, it won’t fully run out of power.
- To slow the discharge rate during storage, do not physically remove the battery from the Chromebook for storage. Instead, take the following steps:
- Connect the device to a charger and turn it on.
- Hold Refresh and Power at the same time.
- While holding these keys, remove the power cable from device and then release the keys.
The device should shut down and remain off.
- Confirm the battery disconnect worked by pressing the power button.
The device should not power on, despite having a battery charge. The Chromebook won’t power on by touching the power button or opening the lid, until you plug the device back to a power source.
This is the ideal way to store devices. It reduces battery discharge to a minimum, prevents constant charge and discharge from reducing the battery life, and keeps the Chromebook in a stable, powered-off state.
Note: If you can’t put your model of Chromebook into the battery disconnect state described above, charge the battery to at least 80%. Then, turn off the Chromebook, unplug it from a power source, and store it in a cool, dry place.