The Treasurer serves as the Chief Financial Officer, and reports directly to the Board of Education. The Treasurer's Office oversees all financial operations of the North Ridgeville City School District. This responsibility encompasses the receipting, investing, accounting, and disbursing of all funds as required by law, and in accordance with Board of Education policies. Within these responsibilities, there are major financial functions essential to the compliance and financial operations of the school district, including:
- Administering payroll and employee benefits
- Grants management
- Annual budget/appropriations
- Annual Audit Report
- Compilation and submission of the 5-Year Forecast
The Treasurer also serves as the public records officer and secretary to the Board of Education, maintaining official records, documents, and meeting minutes.
The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment. As the recipient of the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for consecutive years, the Office of the Treasurer/CFO is committed to transparency, accountability, and serving the interests of all stakeholders of the North Ridgeville City Schools.
Financial Goals and Objectives
The goal of the Treasurer's Office is to uphold financial accountability, transparency, and responsibility.
- Engage the Board of Education and the community in a long range-planning and to provide information needed to make sound financial decisions.
- Disseminate and articulate the financial status of the district through communication of the financial reports and the five-year forecast.
- Work with the County Auditor to monitor property valuation changes, and the City of North Ridgeville to stay informed on new area development.
- Educate and train the administrative team and staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Further develop processes and procedures including internal controls to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Review and analyze records and keep current with the records retention schedule.